How to Become a Volunteer REC Coach, Travel Coach, Asst Coach, Team Manager
PLEASE READ CAREFULLY & TRY NOT TO PROCRASTINATE!
All adults must register and complete town/state/federal requirements. You will not be assigned to a team until you meet all requirements. There is a new 90-minute Safe Sport training video added this year, so please give yourself time to finish everything. DEADLINE TO COMPLETE is AUGUST 20th, 2019
Check your volunteer status for any missing items
(list updates every 48 hrs AFTER you register as a volunteer on the WSA site, requirement #1), CLICK HERE
Requirement #1. Register as a Westport Soccer Volunteer for Fall 2019 CLICK HERE
- Use your full legal name consistently across all forms and requirements.
- This requirement allows you to input your team/position preferences and receive important WSA volunteer communications.
Requirement #2. Register on the new CJSA/wsa site for Fall 2019 CLICK HERE
- All adults working with youth are required by the state to register (each season for REC and once in the fall for Travel) Any BGC completed prior to fall 2018 is considered obsolete. New BGCs are good for 2 years. Free concussion & Safe Sport training is also available on this site.
YOU MUST COMPLETE REQUIREMENT #2 BEFORE MOVING ON TO REQUIREMENT #3.
Requirement #3. Complete a SafeSport Training (Abuse Prevention) (90-minute video) in your member profile on the CJSA site where you just registered. IMPORTANT: The Safe Sport training is valid across all sports, so if you already completed, you can upload your certificate to your CJSA member account and will be marked as compliant.
HOW TO access the SafeSport Abuse Prevention video training once you have already registered for F2019 and logged out of your member record. Go to: http://westport.cjsalive.org/home.php (upper right corner & click on "Member Log-in")
Click on the Abuse Prevention "start training" tab in your member account profile
Select "US Soccer" as your NGB, enter the access code provided in the reply email.
Once complete, SAVE YOUR CERTIFICATE where you can find it!
Requirement #4. Current NAYS Membership & Soccer Coach Training CLICK HERE **
(**this requirement is only for coaches & asst coaches - NOT for travel team managers)
- Do not assume your current membership is still good! Double-check it has not expired.
- Membership is ($20 1yr or $35 2yr) and must include soccer and be valid thru June 20th, 202
Requirement #5. Complete Online Concussion Training CLICK HERE
- If you have completed in the past or for another town sport program using Heads-Up, please send the certificate to:
Requirement #6. CPR Certification
- WSA is required to have one certified adult at each game
- CPR training will be offered in August, please look for a follow-up email
- If you are already CPR certified, please email
REC Program Director: Tim Lewis, email@example.com
Travel Managers/Asst Coaches: Tony Hill, firstname.lastname@example.org
WESTPORT SOCCER ASSOCIATION - www.westportsoccer.org